The measurement forms listed below are provided to enable members to gain an understanding of the boat measurement requirements.

These measurement forms may only be completed and returned to the Association secretary by a United Kingdom Wayfarer Association Class Measurer as part of the measurement process.

They may however be used by Association members as a pre-measurement checklist. In all cases they should be read in conjunction with the current class rules.

*Note – Mk IV racing boats arrive from the builder complete with a certificate of conformance. This allows our secretary to issue a measurement certificate. The UKWA has given a dispensation for non-racing (cruising/training) MkIV boats to race without a measurement certificate, so measurement should not be necessary in the case of MkIV boats.

The ‘W’ Class Rules are linked here.

To view the form click/long-press within the table below. To download, right-click/tap the link and choose “Save link as…“. Then navigate to your preferred folder (on your device) and select “Save“.

Wayfarer VariantMeasurement FormDeclaration FormRe-decking Form
MkI (wood)View/DownloadView/DownloadBy email request
MkII (GRP)View/DownloadView/Downloadn/a
MkIII (GRP)View/DownloadView/Downloadn/a
Plus SView/DownloadView/Downloadn/a
MkI compositeView/DownloadView/Downloadn/a
MkII compositeView/DownloadView/Downloadn/a
Series 2 boatsView/DownloadView/Downloadn/a
Wayfarer WorldView/DownloadView/Downloadn/a
Wayfarer World (S-type)View/DownloadView/Downloadn/a
MkIV ("Hartley")n/a (see *note above)n/an/a
Sails (all hull types)View/Downloadn/an/a
Spars (all hull types)View/Downloadn/an/a

It should be noted that the sails form need only be completed if the sails are being measured with the boat. An owner or Measurer may wish to complete the form as a personal record.

As from the 1st April of each year the measurement forms may be updated depending on any rule changes that have been made. In any case, measurement forms that do not have the appropriate date on the header should be discarded.

Any queries regarding the forms should be addressed to