Date for your diary: March 27th – 29th 2020. This year’s UKWA Cruising Conference will once again be held at Notts. County Sailing Club. Early expressions of interest advised to avoid disappointment! Places already starting to fill up. ...read more
This year the theme of the Conference will be ‘On the Water’. So, it’s about planning, preparing, and sailing a Wayfarer for day-sailing, weekending and cruising. Topics to be included:
- A round up of Random Sailing Skills, from a master!
- Navigation in small Boats, using charts and electronics
- Towing your boat – handy tips for reversing your trailer, and driving on and off ferries
- Packing the boat, what do you really, really need to take with you, and where to put it
- Will Hodshon and Rich Mitchell talking about the organisation and challenges of sailing their Wayfarer, Nipegegi, round Britain in 15 days. The boat will be at the Conference too.
… to mention but a few!
New members are especially welcome. All the usual attractions such as ‘Bring and Buy’, boat fettling, and much chatter and networking! Just email [email@example.com] to be put on the mailing list. Joining papers to be made available during first week of January.