Following on from the Cruising Conference in March, 2022, we are delighted to be offering two more wonderful weekend opportunities:
Friday 3 June 2022 plus Wayfarer Open Saturday 4 June, Club racing Sunday 5 June 2022
Followed by: Wayfarer Day Saturday 11 June 2022 at HBSC
Wayfarer Training Day
The United Kingdom Wayfarer Association invites you to a day of frivolity at Hickling Broad Sailing Club on Saturday June 11th 2022 (10.00 Start)
Whether you’re a seasoned Wayfarer, or just starting out, all are welcome.
Bring your own boat or just turn up with your sailing gear and we will get you on the Water.
Cost: £10 per person to cover a single day membership at HBSC.
Shore side Welcome Chat over coffee and cake.
• Get to know participants and what they would like to get out of the day
• Ask the experts for recommendation with respect to your boat / equipment. (Matt or Ralph from Aero Luff
Spars will be at hand to give you tips and advice).
Try a Wayfarer
• Novice sailors or crews who would like to have a go.
• Sailors who are considering buying a Wayfarer
Boat handling skills both on and off the water.
• Launching and recovery.
• Rigging including setting up of sails and spars.
• Setting off under sail.
• Setting off under power then hoisting sails midstream or tied to a buoy.
• Coming in to moor Under sail or under power.
Let us know what you need and we will try to help
Sailing with an expert either in your own boat or a demonstration boat (Possibly Mk IV loaned by Hartley boats).
• Improve your boat handling skills.
• Improve your sail setting skills and ability to see and predict wind conditions and wind shifts.
End of day get together over a beverage.
For more information or to book your place please contact Terry Cook at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cruising Conference Content is still online
Click on the logo or the link below to navigate over to the website. (Link opens in a new browser tab, where possible) – https://cc21.wayfarer.org.uk
Missed it? No worries; UKWA / overseas NCA members who wish to view the videos are warmly welcome to do so – they are extremely informative and cover a good range of Wayfarer cruising topics. Access can be obtained via our shop, at the reduced rate of £5.00. Truly a bargain.