The United Kingdom Wayfarer Association invites you to a day of frivolity at Hickling Broad
Sailing Club on Saturday June 11th 2022 (10.00 Start)
Whether you’re a seasoned Wayfarer, or just starting out, all are welcome.
Bring your own boat or just turn up with your sailing gear and we will get you on the Water.
Cost: £10 per person to cover a single day membership at HBSC.
Shore side Welcome Chat over coffee and cake.
• Get to know participants and what they would like to get out of the day
• Ask the experts for recommendation with respect to your boat / equipment. (Matt or Ralph from Aero Luff
Spars will be at hand to give you tips and advice).
Try a Wayfarer
• Novice sailors or crews who would like to have a go.
• Sailors who are considering buying a Wayfarer
Boat handling skills both on and off the water.
• Launching and recovery.
• Rigging including setting up of sails and spars.
• Setting off under sail.
• Setting off under power then hoisting sails midstream or tied to a buoy.
• Coming in to moor Under sail or under power.
Let us know what you need and we will try to help
Sailing with an expert either in your own boat or a demonstration boat (Possibly Mk IV loaned by Hartley boats).
• Improve your boat handling skills.
• Improve your sail setting skills and ability to see and predict wind conditions and wind shifts.
End of day get together over a beverage.
For more information or to book your place please contact Terry Cook at: email@example.com