Latest News: Forums Technical winch

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • AUTHOR
    Anonymous
    Inactive

my wife and i are both in our mid sixties and would appreciate some advice
    about getting our wayfarer world back on its trailer at the end of a season
    Launching no problem as gravity is on our side on a shelving beach but getting the trolley plus boat onto the road trailer
    is a real pain as precise location is essential and the last few inches is heavy work even with the road trailer immersed in water
    CAN ANYONE ADVISE ON A SUITABLE WINCH TO MAKE THE TASK EASIER?

regards
    charles clements
    Sassy

There was a recent discussion on this is the ‘General’ section of the forum:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1017

Good luck!

Bob Harland
    Participant

Gravity will also help get trolley+boat onto the trailer – if you can find a suitable gentle slope. As CP mentions chocking the trailer or hitching it on the car is essential.

Colin Parkstone
    Participant

It’s the last bit that’s the problem getting a loaded trolley onto the base I find and that can be because the trolley wheels are lower than the trailer base.

How about putting the trolley wheels onto ramps so that the trolley is the same height as the base then the pull will be forward, rather than UP and forward ?
    It sounds right ???

I have always had the idea that if you use a winch to pull a loaded trolley your bend it across the aft end of the base.
    I would say that the winch needs to pull on the trolley axle,rather than the front. ??

CP

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.