Latest News: Forums Racing Who Is Doing What This Year,

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • AUTHOR
    Colin Parkstone
    Participant

Maybe we can get some early interest going in the Open Meetings this year, who is doing what ? Give us a clue?
    First up is the West Oxford Open, weekend of close, 😮 fast racing on the clubs pond with great hospitality.
    Always a hit with the early season starters or the ones who have not stopped for a winter! Thats You Tony Cooper 🙂
    CP

Billw

We are planing on doing most stuff, not going to Canada. what about you Colin?

Hi Colin

I’m planning to do all the Opens this year, either with Tony Hunt or Sam Pygal crewing. Trouble is, I’m still waiting for the new boat to be built. We’re not going to Canada, but Bobbie and I have paid our deposits for the Hartley/Sunsail sailing event in Greece in April/May, 2014 – sailing in (relatively) warm water will make a change!

So, any (printable) ideas for a name for the new boat? We have everything else sorted, including the colour!

Lte’s hope we get a few more cometitors on the circuit than we did last season.

See you all at West Oxford.

Geof

Brian

after what happened in Poole week last year the best name I can come up with is
    “ewe have been tupped” 😆 😆
    Geof

There is still a chance to go the Wayfarer International Champs in Canada.

Sam McNamara is hoping to fill a second container with Wayfarers (leaving from Poole, so very convenient for South Coast sailors). See post on the front page of the website.

Steve

Alas & Alack! Having said I would be trying to do all the Opens this season, I’ve failed at the first hurdle. As I have only just taken possession of my new Wayfarer this week, I won’t have enough time to put it together for the West Oxford do. Still, it will be ready for certain for the next Open at Waldringfield – look out for Fleeced Lightning!!

Colin Parkstone
    Participant

Well Brian Travolta and Bobby Newton John, Do you have chills, are they multiplying, have you lost all control, of your new boat yet ?? Im not sure your go like Grease Lightning cos you dont eat enough Pork Pies, well not for a big triangle course anyway!! 😆 You best stick to a small lake so you can bounce off the edges !!!

He He!!!! CP

Boat sorted, campervan fully functional, crew booked – and the weather forecast for the weekend is improving! So arrive Friday afternoon to avoid the traffic,set up the boat, down to the pub for the evening (the infamous Pimms Night was last Friday – was it moved back a week deliberately, I wonder?)

Anyone else arriving at Waldringfield Friday? Or are you all going to turn up at the last moment on Saturday morning?

“I’m so fast, I can switch off my hotel room light and be in bed before it gets dark” (M. Ali)

Billw

Hi Brian

I too am planning on being there Friday Night. yes I will eat in the pub if I must.

Great! Unless of course you bring that huge Hymer monster and take up all the camping spaces!
    Still, it should be reasonably quiet, with no Richard and Phil!
    I can’t believe we will have to drag you down to the pub, though – or have you brought your own barrel?

Look forward to seeing you again Friday afternoon – don’t leave it too late as the traffic for the Bank Holiday weekend will probably be horrendous, especially with the M25 roadworks ..

steveg

HI both me and russ from haversham hope to get there friday but may be a bit latter but i may need crew
    steve garrett 10585

Sorry, guys, I am not coming to Waldringfield this weekend as son, Peter, can’t get the time off work. The ambulance service have changed his shifts to include more weekend working this year unfortunately, but we are geared up to come to Parkstone for the Nationals. I note that we have 36 entries already, so hopefully over 40 boats on the water when we get there.

I look forward to reading the reports/results from Waldringfield next week.

Regards
    Steve

Results from Waldringfield are now on the front page of the Website.

Steve

The second open meeting in the National Circuit Series takes place at Royal Harwich YC next weekend. The open meeting is advertised on the club website, but I don’t have a NoR at the moment – I have asked the Class Captain to send me one, and will post on the website when I receive it.

I am unable to attend next week – main reason is that the Ambulance Service has changed son Peter’s shifts so that he has to work more weekends so not available to crew for me. Also I have had to step back into the role of Sailing Secretary at Minima YC which means that I have to spend more time there training beginners. And I have to commit to some weekends to take Kathy cruising in our floating caravan called ‘Lazy Fox’ (so called because it doesn’t go racing).

Anyway, those are my excuses for not being able to commit to attend UKWA open meetings this year. I think that it is important that the Racing Sec does attend meetings, so I have decided to step down at the AGM. So we need to start looking for a new Racing Sec for 2014. I am also looking for a volunteer to attend open meetings this year to represent the class and collect the £3 levy per boat payable to the class association.

Any nominations, or even better, a volunteer?

Steve

@Steve Collins wrote:

The second open meeting in the National Circuit Series takes place at Royal Harwich YC next weekend. The open meeting is advertised on the club website, but I don’t have a NoR at the moment – I have asked the Class Captain to send me one, and will post on the website when I receive it.

Link to the NoR is now posted on the front page of our website.

Steve

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.