Latest News: Forums Racing West Oxford Open.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • AUTHOR
    Colin Parkstone
    Participant

Ok Who is going to this open on the 12th/13th April
    I am planing to go and so is Scott and Sue so thats the Party Girl, the Old Git and the Goodlooker sorted.
    Anyone Else???
    CP 😀

bigal

Afraid not – Spud Rowsell’s 65th party at Exmouth that weekend

mudskipper

Our last lake trip resulted in free replacement dry suits – so we plan to go to Oxford. Colin – we can see you quaking already.

Colin Parkstone
    Participant

I have found the sailing information on this open on the club website,

http://WWW.WOSC. ORG.UK

Or Laura Hutchins @ NTLWORLD.com

CP 😀

Anonymous
    Inactive

West Oxfordshire Sailing Club is delighted to welcome Wayfarer sailors to its open on 12 and 13 April. To avoid confusion, I must point out that we are not Oxford Sailing Club (Farmoor Reservoir). We are West Oxford situated on a disused gravel pit about 4 miles north of Farmoor (see wosc.org.uk for details). Therefore we don’t have waves, tides or long beats! We have gusts, wind bends and shifts and plenty of them. We do have an enthusiastic fleet of Wayfarer sailors who sail throughout the year and are keen to exploit our local knowledge to compete with visitors. Most of all, we offer every visitor a hearty welcome which we will follow up by a cup of tea from the galley and the offer of a bacon roll.

Since with half a wind you can get from the shore to the start in under 5 minutes, we have a break between races for lunch and afternoon tea. One of our club members is going to prepare a curry supper on Saturday evening to which all visitors are cordially invited. Visitors with camper vans are more than welcome to stay over at the club and there is space for hardier folk to pitch a tent (let us know in advance and we will try to flattern the mole hills).

The first race on Saturday is at 12.00, the first race of Sunday at 11.00 and the entrance fee is £10. We look forward to seeing you.

John Ward (W9780)
    WOSC Commodore
    (email: commodore@wosc.org.uk)

Great news about the five weekend series for 2008. Genevieve and I are planning to going to all five.[/list]

Kathy and I will be coming, and I note that Gordon Harris won it last year so he will have to come as well in order to bring the trophy back

We think that it is a bit early in the year for camping. Any suggestions for B&B?

Best wishes
    Steve

Anonymous
    Inactive

Steve

I have asked about B&B at the club and I have found a member who is prepared to offer you a bed for the night. He should be contacting you directly. If anyone else needs B&B accommodation let me know and I will see if we can offer any other options.

John

@jaws9780 wrote:

Steve

I have asked about B&B at the club and I have found a member who is prepared to offer you a bed for the night. He should be contacting you directly. If anyone else needs B&B accommodation let me know and I will see if we can offer any other options.

John

Many thanks for this kind offer! Looking forward to it!

Regards
    Steve

Liam

We are hoping to go with W404 and camper van so hoping there’s camping on site or nearby?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Space is certainly available on site for tents and camper vans. Judging from the messages that we have had, you won’t be alone. Nearer the time, let us know when you plan to arrive and someone will be there to welcome you.

The next meeting of the ExComm will be taking place at West Oxfordshire SC on the Saturday of the open meeting (after sailing). I trust that a majority of the committee will bring their boats with them and take part in the sailing!

See you there.

Assistant Racing Secretary

As part of my acclimatisation to the Wayfarer class, I have been reading Frank and Margaret Dye’s book. It terrifies me!

So Kathy and I have booked into some B&B accommodation in Witney recommended by the club for next Saturday. I understand that they still have a couple of rooms spare for other softies.

Crofters Guest House
    Witney, OX28 3JU
    01993 778165

Steve

Colin Parkstone
    Participant

Steve,
    Do not concern yourself to much about Franks tails of “Do or Die”

Have you seen the size of West Oxfords lake????

We have in the fleet a bigger Lake than West Oxford has so you will not need flares or a ship to shore radio !!!

CP 😉

Liam

We are travelling to West Oxford tomorrow (Friday) with camper van and should arrive 8-9pm ish. Will we be able to get into the club grounds then with van and boat please?
    Thanks
    Liam & Sue

Liam

Many thanks to John Ward and all at West Oxford for an excellent Open Meeting and for your warm hospitality, good beer and excellent food. The racing was challenging and different for those of us who don’t normally sail on ponds, but well run and good fun. 21 Wayfarers was a good turnout. Well done to Quentin and Martin, closely followed by Gordon and Emma Harris in 2nd, with Colin May and Sarah in 3rd.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.