Latest News: Forums Technical Wayfarer world super chute 90 bailers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • AUTHOR
    [email protected]
    Participant

Has anyone had experience of replacing these self bailers which are no longer made? It seems that the size is critical to avoid making a simple replacement a complicated repair

Bob Harland
    Participant

Hi, this probably does not help much but anyway; we had a World 10 years ago and replaced the bailers when they started leaking.

I did not expect the old ones to come out intact, but actually they were in quite good condition. The filler between the inner/outer hulls around the bailer aperture was pretty poor. That was the main cause of the problem. I hacked it all out and made good with epoxy filler. Then replaced with new bailers.

[email protected]
    Participant

I don’t suppose that you still have the old ones Bob? Do you remember what you replaced them with?

Bob Harland
    Participant

Hi, no sorry, I had a look in the garage but they are long gone. Back then the super chute 90 was available so that’s what I used.

Not sure what bailers the W mark IV is fitted with – but these are probably going to be favourite for you – contact Hartley Boats.

BTW The plastic bailer was used becuase it was less likely to injure the crew during capsize recovery.

[email protected]
    Participant

Thank you for taking the time to check.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.