LATEST NEWS: Forums Technical Wayfarer World Centreboard fitting

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Julian Midgley 3 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • AUTHOR

Julian Midgley
    Participant

Does anyone have a drawing or picture of the device fitted to Wayfarer World Centreboards to hold them in place?

For the uninitiated (as I was until my crew pulled the centreboard (W9983) off its pivot a couple of days ago), the World’s centreboard has a slot cut from the bolt hole to the lower edge of the board.  My board has the remains of two screw holes on the leading edge of the board, either side of this slot, from which, and a little research, I gather there is supposed to be a metal plate with a plastic rod attached that fills the slot and holds the board to the pivot.  You fit the centreboard from the top of the centreboard case with the boat on its side (or raised so that you can lower the board enough to get it on), and then screw this roughly T shaped piece in place.  (All this because the bolt ends on the World aren’t readily accessible, so you can’t simply unscrew it.)

Anyway, I need to make a new T-shaped piece, and it would be good to see an existing one first.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.