Latest News: Forums Racing Wayfarer Nationals 6-9th June Parkstone YC

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • AUTHOR
    RayS

Just to inform that the Notice of Race and further details of the Wayfarer Open Nationals can be found at the following link:

http://www.parkstoneyachtclub.com/pagewayfarernationals.html

We have an amazing set of sponsor’s prizes from sets of tapered spinnaker sheets, kit bags, through to racing genoas, boat covers, and even a TackTic compass.
    Thanks to sponsorship from North Sails for the Training Day and Practice Race on Thursday 6th. And also to Banks, McNamara Sails, Rain & Sun, P&B, Quay West and Raymarine.

We have an incredible sailing venue of Bournemouth and Studland Bays and the Poole Harbour Top Triangle – see the New Spring Wayfarer News out now for more details.

Plus Sailors suppers and Bar Wednesday night through Friday Night plus Class Dinner on Saturday night.

If you are interested in coming can you send details to me at nationals2013@wayfarer.org.uk? I’ll be pleased to add you to the provisonal entry list and keep you informed.

Watch this space for further news!

Ray

RayS

The Wayfarer Nationals website has been updated with more info on trophies and sponsors prizes.

Please see http://www.parkstoneyachtclub.com/pagewayfarernationals.html

You’ll also see a provisional entry list to see who’s coming.

To be added to the list please send an email with helm and crew name and boat number to
    nationals2013@wayfarer.org.uk

We look forward to seeing you all then!

Geof

Time to complete the entry form.
    In 2 weeks there will be a late entry fee added to the cost so don’t waste beer money on that – get that paperwork returned now.

Geof

Entries after Sat 18th May attract a £10 surcharge so its time to get entered keeping the extra money for beer tokens.
    The entry form is part of the NOR here.

http://www.parkstoneyachtclub.com/docs/Racing/Wayfarer%20Nationals%20NOR%202013.pdf

We look forward to welcoming you all to one of the best clubs in the country.

Geof

Just heard about a 1 double bedroom holiday flat in walking distance of the club.
    It belongs to a friend of my crew/son.

If you folow the link the club house is on the left of the main picture.
    https://www.facebook.com/HarbourShallows?hc_location=stream

Geof

Dont Forget to enter for the Training Day
    There is a special part of the Sailing Instructions specifically for the Practise Race.

Coaching support will be provided with post-race debriefing and on-the-water advice during racing. This changes RRS 41 – outside help.

This means that you may get help with trim in a race situation which makes it easier to see what difference it makes.

Training Day Program
    11.30 Briefing and theory
    12.15 Lunch and launch
    13.00 On the water exercises including practise starts followed by Practise Race – expect to finish by 1600
    1600 (from) Tea and Cakes on shore 😛
    1700 Video Debrief and Practise race prize giving – finish by 18.30 latest.

Geof

Entry fee goes up by £10 per boat after tomorrow (May 18).
    You can still call the club main office on 01202 743610 and pay by card if you are quick.
    The office is open office hours today – Friday 17th May and till 12.00 on Saturday 18th.

Colin Parkstone
    Participant

Last day to save some cash on your National Champs Entry folks, you could ring the club by 12noon today and pay over the phone.

Dont be sat in the bar paying for your beer when all around you are having free drinks !!!!

CP

Geof

40 Boats have now paid their entry fee 8)

The entries are continuing to roll in. 😛
    There are some people who were on the provisional list that have not yet formally entered and we also know of some others who have said they are coming that are still to enter. – one of them has emailed to say he is bringing lots of trophies he won last year back in person together with a Genoa for the winner of Silver fleet – we assume he will bring the family boat with him – another has arranged to borrow his 2011 Nationals winning boat from the Parkstone member he sold it to last year. 🙄
    Lots of prizes are starting to arrive at the club from sponsors. The SI’s etc have been sent to the printers. Competitor Pack fillers are also arriving with freebies from sponsors including Yachts and Yachting, Sunsail, Allen Brothers and Musto.
    We look forward to welcoming you all to the event 😐

I note that Mike Mac and the Hartleys competed at Waldringfield – the rumour is that they were getting some practice in before the champs, so there’s two more potential entries.

Steve

I need a new jib halliard made up. Can one of the locals recommend a rigger in Poole to get the job done?

Steve

Geof

Steve
    The Hartleys are now on the paid up list.
    Dave Wade is borrowing his 2011 Nationals winning boat to compete

There is a rigger in the yard next to the club

If you send me the measurment for the wire I will walk next door and ask him to make one up. He is in a container and I don’t have his name or number.

Geof

Thanks, Geof, I’ll measure up over the weekend and email you.

Steve

Geof
    Geof

Great News

As well as Tea and Cakes on coming ashore there will now be a barrel of Ringwood Bitter alongside the Tea Urn 🙄 🙄

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.