Latest News: Forums Racing Wayfarer Europeans – early entry closes 31 August

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • AUTHOR
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Those travelling to Dublin in September might like to avail of the early entry. There is a £15 discount to be had by getting the entry form in before 31 August. Forms are available for download from http://www.skerriessailingclub.com/wayfarereuropeans.htm

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Fin Keleher
    W2334

Participant

Fin, I would just like to say thank you for a great weekends racing. I don’t think it could have been any better. If you get a chance can you post the results? Also we saw some photo’s being shown in the club, are they viewable on the web anywhere?

Many thanks again
    Martin

Just to back up Martin’s comments. Skerries SC did a wonderful job, despite some difficult conditions. However the last 2 races on Saturday were real “champagne sailing” with sunshine, a well established breeze some tight racing, and after 4 races (including a drifter and a game of follow the breeze, with 90° windshift and an ARO imitating the Statue of Liberty as he signalled both that his tiny RIB was replacing the windward mark and that the course was shortened!

Seen from the Jury boat, enabling me to get up close, the two races on Sunday were some of the best I haver seen. Imagine a 3 boat match race proposed many years ago by Pol Elvstrom, but no-one took up the idea) with the result in doubt until the last . The leading boat would mark the 2nd, leaving the 3rd boat free to take a flyer.

Racing was extremely close at the top end of the fleet. After the results of a protest (with a front row seat as I chaired the hearing!) were announced 3 boats finished on 12 points after 7 races.

Hope to be back soon.

Gordon

Anonymous
    Inactive

Martin, I have sent you a PM with a scanned copy of the results. I hope that it is legible. A better formatted version of the results along with photographs will be made available.

Gordon, thank you for your help over the weekend. And thank you both for your kind comments. We look forward to seeing everybody again in the future.

Fin
    W2334

bigal

Let me add my thanks ,not only for the racing , but to Green Flag for getting me there , for the garage MSL for fitting a new clutch in time to ge t home on time Results :

Mike Mac
    Q
    Me
    Irish National Champ – crewed by the lovely Bernie !!
    Liz – on her final sail also won the Ladies prize – what a grand finale !!

bigal

Access to the Forum seems to be denied at the moment -or is it me ?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@88 wrote:

Fin, I would just like to say thank you for a great weekends racing. I don’t think it could have been any better. If you get a chance can you post the results? Also we saw some photo’s being shown in the club, are they viewable on the web anywhere?

Many thanks again
    Martin

Apologies for the delay. The link for the results of the European Champioships is:
    http://www.skerriessailingclub.com/Eurodocs/results/index.html

Pictures from the event can be found at:
    http://www.skerriessailingclub.com/gallery/main.php

Regards to all

Fin

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.