Latest News: Forums Technical W76

Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • AUTHOR
    Steve W76
    Participant

I’m now cleaning and inspecting all of the original interior woodwork for refitting or replacement. Just cleaned the rear seat socket, lovely to see the original manufacturers markings. They should last another 60 years…..

Steve W76
    Participant

So, where to start? Inspection of the rear compartment woodwork found some rotten timber.

So I found some old hardwood drawer fronts and refashioned them into suitable sized pieces.

Then set applied 2 coats of epoxy ready for the bilge paint to be applied..

All progressing nicely….

Steve W76
    Participant

Next up, I have a slight dilemma. The build manual says the shroud plates should be fitted to the front of the knees, mine were fitted to the rear (as highlighted by the witness marks….

However they still measure to the correct location

Steve W76
    Participant

Just to make sure everything is back where it was before I started, I opted to loose fit all of my old decking.

Pleased to report that everything has slotted back just as it was, that’s reassuring!

Jerome FR – W447
    Participant

Fantastic job!

Jérôme

john1162
    Participant

The position of the shroud plates are governed by the class rules copied below but I guess you have already checked.
    SHROUD PLATES
    Distance from outside transom to centre of pin hole in each shroud plate. 2743 (9’0”) maximum.
    Distance athwartships between centres of pin holes in opposite shroud plates. 1575 (5’2”) minimum.

Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.