Latest News: Forums Technical Trailing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • AUTHOR
    Skylark

Apologies if this is very naive but what is the best way to attach a lighting board to a road trailer i.e. no boat.
    Many thanks in advance.
    Graham

Bob Harland
    Participant

Good question.
    I guess it depends quite a lot on the trailer. We have a sovereign combi/trailer. We attach ours across the cradle that supports the hull – using a lot of string and bungees! It is a bit tricky to get the board to stay in place – hence the string and bungees.

We also take the mast support off – as it tends to vibrate rather.

Hope that helps
    bob

admin

I use my trailer a lot for carrying other stuff, mostly wood, plywood etc. I use a couple of G cramps on the rear square bar and attach the board to them using bungees. I have to screw the cramps on really hard and check them every few miles because I worry the bouncing around might vibrate them loose, but I have never really had a problem. I have thought about getting some U bolts to clamp something a bit more solid on but so far the cramps have worked fine.

Skylark

Thank you for the helpful replies. There has been reference to an unladen trailer “bouncing around”. Is there any advantage to reducing tyre pressures?
    What is the recommended pressure with Wayfarer on trailer?
    Many thanks.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.