Latest News: Forums Cruising Tidal training

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • AUTHOR
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Is there any interest out there for another Tidal Training weekend (or a boat tent for beginners weekend)? I have July 7th – 8th in mind.
    Matt
    W773

I enjoyed the tidal training last year, so I’d be happy to support that again. I’m also keen to discover just how practical boat tenting is, so I’d be up for that as well. 7/8 July is fine with me.

Dave Barker
    Keymaster

I’d be interested in taking part in that event. I notice that it’s now on the Forthcoming Events section of this website, and Simon McEvoy mentioned it a week or so ago, so I assume that it has now been finalised for that weekend? From the description Simon gave me it sounds a full and interesting schedule…

Btw, thanks for your help with my login problem, Matt (and Bob).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dave,
    I will pencil you in for the weekend.
    Matt

Dave Barker
    Keymaster

Thanks Matt. Do I need to bring a crew?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ideally, yes. Particularly if you have a regular crew as the two of you will work together on the weekend. Don’t worry if you haven’t though – you may find you can pick up a volunteer.
    Matt

Anonymous
    Inactive

Tidal Training is 7th/8th July – 2 applicants already so if you are interested don’t delay.
    Matt
    W773

Anonymous
    Inactive

Unfortunately for anyone thinking of joining the Tidal Training, the dates have had to be moved to 3-4 November. Much better than having to put up with all that sunshine and heat in July!
    Matt
    W773

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Matt,

I sail 6720 Naomi at Dorchester -on-Thames Nr Abingdon. I am fairly new to sea sailing and hope to get invovled n some rallies and training days. I would be very pleased to hear from you.

i shall be at the dinghy show and have produced some intro duction cards, prhaps we shall get the chance for a quick chat

Regards

Jim

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Jim,
    Oddly enough I was reading your other message on the forum and thought about volunteering you for the Tidal Training. I will email you with some details. To wet your appetite a picture showing a quick lesson on centreboard replacement-

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the reply,

I am gradually getting used to this site ha ha!

The tidal training sounds interesting. Where and When do you plan to do this?

I shall be joining the Portsmouth Rally on June 2nd this year, and will be joining the Lymington Town SC rally 5th May. Will you be at any of these events?

The practical training is ideal for me, I am not good with this sort of thing and need all the training I can get!!!!!!

Thanks again for getting back to me, sorry about the delay. Please keep in touch

Regards

Jim

Anonymous
    Inactive

Matt,

What a twerp! had I have read the message thread properly, I would have seen the proposed date for the training!

It may be a problem that weekend, but it is not certain.

Do you still intend to run it then?

Jim šŸ˜³ šŸ˜³

Anonymous
    Inactive

Jim,
    Dates are fixd for 2-3 November now – Bunkhouse is booked and a hoard of enthusiastic instructors are excitedly awaiting the call to action – you know who you are!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Matt,

When you get a moment, I would like to hear the arrangements for this event.

Jim 8)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Matt, this is Naomi, the day before we joined the Lymington Town SC rally to Keyhaven.

The weather blew a hooly and it proved to be a real test of endurance on the return journey.

LTSC were very welcoming and i intend to join them again this year once or twice at least. Their events are open to UKWA members as I am sure you know.

I need to learn how to maintain her properly and so hope to join in with the training events as ofen as I can.

I have a spinnaker with her, but could do with some training on that subject too.

Jim

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.