Latest News: Forums Cruising Tidal Training

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • AUTHOR
    matoi

Dear UKWA, Tidal Training organizers, instructors, and participants!

I had never expected such hospitality and friendly attitude as was present at the Tidal Training event. Lectures, discussions on technique, analysis and comparison of Wayfarer gear, exercises at sea as well as informal sharing of different experiences, were very interesting and valuable for the development of my seamanship. I will do my best to put all this to use on my future Wayfarering endeavors and feedback the experience.

Thank you very much for the wonderful weekend at Brancaster. My special thanks goes to Ralph, Matt and Simon.

Best regards,

Mato Ilijic
    W10435
    (Croatia)

John1162

With your presence does this make it an international event? The whole of the Croatian Wayfarer Association in attendance?
    I agree with you that it was a great weekend. I think I counted 10 Wayfarers on the water. My home club would be pleased with that turn out for a class race.
    [/img]

W10143

Wonderful to meet you Mato – an excellent event as usual organised by Simon with ‘Local Expert’ Matt!

David

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank goodness you can’t see my blushes!
    Glad the event was well received and we already thinking of next year. Suggestions about what to include from past participants and anyone who thinks they would benefit would be very welcome.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Matt,

Obviously your event was well recieved and enjoyed by all.

I am sorry I was unable to come along and join myself.

If you plan to run it again next year, I shall do my best to be there.

Tidal training is just where I am with my sailing. the help and advice would have been invaluable.

Please keep me informed

Regards

matoi

Here is the link to the video of Matt’s mainsail reefing demonstration:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uOwJQ_5X7M

More photos and videos as soon as I catch the time to edit and upload!

Best regards!

Mato
    W10435

Dave Barker
    Keymaster

I would like to add my thanks to all those who organised and instructed over the weekend, particularly in our case to John for his patient encouragement.

matoi

Finally the photos:

http://picasaweb.google.com/matopics/TidalTraining2007

Unfortunately photos taken in interior are not very clear… due to the camera’s too dark lens (Olympus Stylus 770). I’m stating this as I bought this camera for it’s waterproofness making it interesting for Wayfarering. So if anyone else is planning an investment like this, beware…

Best regards,

Mato Ilijic
    W10435

W10143

Excellent Mato. Once again – great to see you and thanks for gracing us with your presence!

David

Anonymous
    Inactive

matoi,

I have just seen your pictures of the training.

I am as sick as a parrott that I missed the event!

It looks as though it was great fun and what a fantastic venue.

Matt, book me in for next year

Regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Matoi – seen all the pictures. You were busy with your camera. Good collection.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.