- This topic is empty.
- 04/07/2007 at 3:50 pm #3530AnonymousInactive
Those of you who were at Rutland for the Inlands in April will remember that I was asking around to see if we could form a team for the inaugural Symmetric Hikers Challenge to be held at Rutland over the weekend of 14/15 July. I then discovered we weren’t around to do this event so I had no need to follow this up. However, assuming the event is a success and is repeated next year I thought it would be a good idea to get a Wayfarer team together to take part (min 5 required). It’s open to non-trapeze, symmetric spinnaker dinghies with a PN less than 1200. They are putting on the event as a chance to showcase all of the classic boats in this world of ever-increasing asymmetric flyers and show these classes are still well supported.
So I will ask around next season to see who would like to form the team.
Rachel04/07/2007 at 6:38 pm #5463tom jMember
No need for a team, everyone is welcome. The 5 boats is just the requirement for individual fleet prizes. For those that are around the NOR is now available on the Rutland website, the plan (slightly altered from previously advertised) is for 6 races, 3 each day, with a mix of pursuit and handicap races. On top of overall and fleet prizes there are spot prizes, prizes for old boats, juniors, students and Sunsail have now provided more details of the free holiday they are offering:
This amazing prize includes:
• Flights to and from the UK
• Transfers to and from Club Perili
• Inclusive sailing, windsurfing, tennis, mountain biking and fitness classes
• Generous half-board meal plan, including afternoon tea
• Free all-day Kids’ Clubs for children aged 2 – 17yrs with qualified nannies and Activity Assistants offering loads of fun activities
• Full-board for kids under 13yrs
This will be decided by a prize draw on the Saturday night so everyone has an equal chance of winning.
On another note there are various people after rides for the event so if anyone is short of a crew let me know,
07951 826769 or email@example.com.
Hope to see you all there
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.