Latest News: Forums Cruising Solent Cruise 2008

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • AUTHOR
    Anonymous
    Inactive

With Winter just around the corner, my mind is already turning to planning next years adventures. Those dark evenings are so long and dull after being out and about.

So I shall spend many of them planning and dreaming of next years sailing events. Spread the charts across the table, and sip at a scotch while savouring the memories of this years successes. Paw over the Wayfarer logs and check available dates for next years itenary.

ASC members will join together and sail from Lechlade to the ASC at Abingdon, and then later on to Teddington all being well .

But I can hardly wait for those long evenings to open out again in March, so it can all start again. In particular, my planned Reggie Perrin event in the Solent! It has been coming for some time now, a few days away with friends, exploring some of the beautiful spots around the IOW and South coast. No rigorous passages, just a casual jaunt around taking advantage of prevailing winds (and local inns).

Already I have a number of interested parties. We shall sail, camp,fish and explore. We shall visit local sailing clubs and enjoy the simple pleasures of life, getting away from it all as we do so.

I have made a few mistakes during the journey of life. but buying Naomi 6720 was not one of them. 😉

krgough
    Participant

Hi Jim

A of bit fishing, sailing and a wee dram into the bargain. It can’t be bad.

regards

Keith

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Keith,

Do I detect a Scotsman here?

And one with the knowledge of the local waters too?

Does the idea interest you?

You would be very welcome indeed, perhaps I can introduce you to the peaty flavours of Islay Malt?

Let me know if you are interested, I would b epleased to discuss it with you further

Regards

krgough
    Participant

Hi Jim

As you know we went to Bembrige during the summer and we really enjoyed it. We decided we definitely want to do another trip next year.

I am indeed from Scotland – We did some big boat sailing on the west coast some years ago – it’s great sailing and plenty of distillery stops on the way!!

I was thinking about a trip to Newtown Creek next year – but I’m open to any suggestions.

regards

Keith

Anonymous
    Inactive

Keith,

John Norman of the UKWA is planning a trip from Calshot to Newtown next June (date to be confirmed).

I shall most likely use this trip as the start of my event and may pe off and sail up the Beaulieu River or perhaps the Medina.

Newtown is lovely, I sailed to there from lymington earlier this year, as a guest of LTSC. This veryy friendly club invite UKWA members along to join them free of charge.

It is a beautiful location.

Please let me know your thoughts, if you prefer to sail seperately, maybe we can plan something?

Regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

What no takers?

I can only assume few of you have sampled the welcoming atmosphere of LTSC or the Royal Victoria Yacht Club?

And what of the beauty Newtown Creek has to offer?

The UKWA event from Calshot is to be held on the 12th July, this could make a good start for an adventure.

Get in touch and help me plan!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.