Latest News: Forums General Should I buy a Plus S

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • AUTHOR
    capel

I am looking for some advice and opinions.

I am new to sailing and have crewed 4 times in a Wayfarer I feel this is the boat I would like to own.

I am now looking to purchase my own boat that I want to be able to do some club racing in and as the guys a Waldringfield are all pretty good I don’t want to buy a duffer.

I like the look of wood but don’t have the time or winter storage to look are one so have decide my best bet is to by a GRP having read up it seems a Plus S is my best option.

I have found a Plus S for sale its appears to be in good condition is all rigged for racing with two sets of racing sails, and combi so I don’t think I’ll need to buy anything else just yet all for a price of £3,500.

Can you please advise the following.

1. Does the price seem about right

2. Do I need to look out for anything on the Plus S

3. Is this going to be a good starter boat that I can grow into or should I look for something else.

Thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

Simon asks…

> 1. Does the price seem about right

Yes

2. Do I need to look out for anything on the Plus S

Check the buoyancy – does it have a current buoyancy endorsement?

3. Is this going to be a good starter boat that I can grow into or should I look for something else.

If you want to race a Wayfarer and don’t want wood then the Plus S is the only serious alternative.

Of course others might have different views!

Richard

capel

Thanks for the advice from everyone who has messaged me I have now agreed to buy the Plus S and paid a deposit so will be taking ownership of my own Wayfarer W9715 within the week .

If anyone knows any info about this boat I would apperiate it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.