Latest News: Forums Introductions She needs a back story

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • AUTHOR
    w170

Hello
    I’ve owned and restored over the past couple of years to a useable state Wayfarer W170.

The chap I bought it from told me he had owned it for years and it had never in his knowledge been named. Having allowed myself to become part of the (now) lovely woodie I wonder if anyone knows anything about her, if she was named when first built etc. I know it’s a long shot but I want to find out as much as I can.

At the moment we just refer to her as “The Boat” which doesn’t really seem right, something akin to calling your son “The Boy”!

Fingers crossed..

Tim

Fantasia

She was named Peter Pan when measured and built by the Aln Boatyard, Northumbria. I got this information from her measurement certificate, which I would be happy to send you a PDF copy if you contact me by email: john7628@hotmail.com

w170

Thankyou so much.

I have sent an email to the address you provided.

Thanks again
    Tim

Swiebertje
    Participant

If she has been measured and registered Sarah should be able to get you (a copy of) the original measurement forms and a full history of her previous owners. As a UKWA member you can get a new and valid measurement/ownership certificate from her as well for free. You can find Sarah here.

Fantasia

I hope that you got my email and attachment, which is a scan of the original 1962 measurement form for your boat which was built in 1960?

w170

Thankyou, yes. Great to look through built April 1960, measured 1962 and at last we have a name..Peter Pan.
    Thankyou again for your time and effort

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.