Latest News: Forums Cruising Round Norfolk

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • AUTHOR
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I plan to sail from Wells to Lowestoft 10th October – anyone else interested?
    Matt
    W773

That sounds like an entertaining expedition Matt. Are you looking for a crew, and if so what would the timings be? Charles

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Charles – it’s me and Maynard for the trip. Can you find a crew? Be great to have some company.
    Matt

Anonymous
    Inactive

Round Norfolk completed – and I would now like to boast two records – the longest continuous spinnaker run of about 35 miles and the longest use of spinnaker in one trip of 48 miles. Unless anyone out there knows different.
    Matt
    W773

I’m impressed by the records. Congratulations. It will be amusing trying to find an opportunity to beat them. Not really practical on the water at Notts County so a few more trips to Norfolk and a lot more cruising experience may be called for!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Charles,
    Thinking of doing Humber to Amble next year (probably May) – interested?
    Matt

Bl**dy hell! That’s a long way by my standards! How many days do you reckon? Bottom line…..yes I am interested (and just a tad apprehensive!)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Matt,

Sorry to say but your spinnaker record may be in doubt! During June 2004 David Williams & Tony Graham in W9735 “Taronga” flew their spinnaker continuously for about 10 hours from the St Ives area to around Bude, that’s about 50 statute miles by my reckoning. This was during their Plymouth to Pwlleli trip.

You may remember the Millenium Cruise, planned to have Wayfarers sail all round Britain to celebrate the turn of the century-which all came to zilch, well David & Tony have, over the past 4 years, in one-week stints sailed from Plymouth clockwise round to Lossiemouth in the Moray Firth, including visiting Northern Ireland and Stromness (Scapa Flow) in the Orkneys! Probably another 3 or 4 years to go to complete the circumnavigation!

The first 3 years accounts have I think been in the W News and I expect that this year’s from Ullapool round the top to Lossiemouth will be in the next edition.

The Humber to Amble sounds interesting though and with the right weather you could make sure of the spinnaker record!

TTFN,

Hamish

W10143

Looks like we need 16hrs daylight Matt!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Lways up for a challenge!
    Hi Hamish – I have done most of the other side of the country now. Lymington around to the Humber and Amble to Holy island. Next year is Humber to Amble and/or (depending on brownie points) Plymouth to Lymington.
    Charles – good to see you are up for it – need another soul now for Maynard and Barbie.
    Matt

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.