Latest News: Forums Technical Rigging Plans

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • AUTHOR
    Pete Lock

Afternoon All….

I am pleased to announce the things are ticking along nicely with W6657. Have most of the topside undecorated and inner hull almost complete. Hopefully plan to flip here over next weekend and start preparing the hull, filling over 30 years of scrapes and knocks. before a few coats of paint.

So as the hull work is moving along nicely I am starting to think about preparing to re-rig. Ideally as a relative newbie to sailing I want to try and keep the rigging as simple as possible, using the boat for weekend pottering about and teaching the kids the ropes.There has been many changes to my boat over the years, with holes drilled here there and everywhere, most of which I have filled apart from the obvious that I believe to be original. My boat was raced up to end of last year and set up accordingly.

Does anyone know where I can find plans.diagrams of how the Wayfafer would have been rigged originally. I have found a couple of guides on the net but they are about as clear as mud, well to a Newbie anyway. Most seem to concern themselves with racing, which is not what I want.

I am also registered Blind and whilst have what I would consider reasonable good vision I want clear diagrams I can follow. Most on the net are not that clear with the magnification software I have to use to view them. My sight difficulties are also a good reason to keep things simple, although I may have to make to adaptation to allow greater ease of access and control.

Any help would be gratefully received

Regards

Pete

bigal

Hi Pete

Where are you based – if you are in SE England I would be happy to visit and help you set up the rig .

Alan Chaplin

01444 400607

Pete Lock

Hi Alan,

Bit to far away for you…..I am over in Northern Ireland…..Thanks for the offer though

Pete

bigal

Shame but try East Down S.C.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.