Latest News: Forums Technical Replacement Front hatch fasteners for Plus S (9554)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Porttackflyer 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • AUTHOR

Porttackflyer
    Participant

Can anyone advise suitable replacement fasteners for the front hatch on my Plus S?

The current ones are called T-bar hatch fasteners (I think).

They are stuck solid, the butterfly nuts won’t budge and one snapped today when I was trying to free it.

I think I need to replace them all but can’t seem to find anyone that sells them.

Can anyone suggest where I can buy them, or alternatively a different type of fastener that will work?

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

john1162
    Participant

Brass ones are available. https://shop.classic-boat-supplies.com.au/boat-hardware/latches-catches/brass-hold-down-bolt/ 

They are perhaps the wrong size though.  I would remove the fitting and soak it in diesel over night and it may then free off.  You could replace the threaded part with a stainless bolt that is drilled to suit the long pin that holds it in place. The fitting would have to be removed and a bit of precision drilling undertaken.

Porttackflyer
    Participant

Thanks John.  I have contacted Ian Porter and he can supply them.

They are nearly £1o each though, so I will try soaking the current ones in diesel to see if that frees them up.  Fingers crossed.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.