Latest News: Forums Racing Removal of Assymetric spinnaker fixtures on Wayfarer World

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • AUTHOR

Does anyone know if you can legally remove all the equipment that goes with an assymetric spinnaker set up on a World, fill in the bowsprit hole and therefore leave a lot more room (and fewer ropes) for normal spinnaker operation.
    The boat still needs to pass measuement and comply with racing rules.

Thanks

Fantasia

No problem removing all the assy equipment and using a conventional spinnaker. I am just not entirely sure about blocking up the assymetric pole hole though. Best check the class rules that are specific to a World. There is a World that is raced quite succesfully at our club with a conventional spinnaker.

Any measurers care to comment?

Colin Parkstone
    Participant

Can’t think of any reason why you cannot cover the hole,why should you have to put up with a hole and not the rest of the fleet ?

Go for it with maybe tape or something you could take off.

C P 🙂

W10143

Hi

I am just not entirely sure about blocking up the assymetric pole hole though.

When I bought my World from Porters, it had been race measured and had conventional spinnaker with neither asymmetric pole nor hole. I had the asymmetric retrofitted.

David

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.