Latest News: Forums Racing Registrations for the Nationals Parkstone 2008

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • AUTHOR
    Bob Harland
    Participant

If you are intending to go to the National Championships this August as Parkstone then please would you register your interest using the online form http://wayfarer.org.uk/index.php?option=com_attend_events&Itemid=208&task=view&id=1

you will need to be logged in, and then the system will pickup your details.

There is a list of entrants so far here – this is continually updated so that we can all see who is coming.

PYC will send send you a formal NOR and entry form when these are available.

You will need to book your accommodation in Poole as soon as possible. The Poole Tourist Office, contactable on 01202 253253 or http://www.pooletourism.com . In addition, some club members offer bed and breakfast accommodation.

thanks
    bob

Many thanks to Bob for setting up the on-line registration procedure for the 2008 National Championships. I am pleased to report that I already have 18 provisional entries for the Champs. I am reliably informed that Parkstone Yacht Club will put 20 boats on the water, so that takes us up to an estimated total of 38 entries – only 12 short of our first target of 50 boats for our 50th Anniversary.

It is very encouraging that 6 of the entries received are, like me, newcomers to the Wayfarer nationals. The racing revival starts here!

I can also announce that Roy Burnham has been successful in securing generous sponsorship from Navigators and General, Hartley Laminates, and Pinnell and Bax. There is talk of marquees, drinks receptions, special prizes etc – the apres sailing should be fantastic. And don’t forget the Gala Dinner on Sat 23 August. You will need to reserve your place at the Dinner well in advance. Watch this space for details.

If you have any comments or suggestions on any aspects of the organisation of the Nationals, please post them here and I will put them on the agenda for discussion by the informal planning committee of Glyn Marples and Colin May (PYC Wayfarer fleet), Martin Pearson (PYC Sailing Secretary) and myself.

Steve Collins
    Assistant Racing Secretary

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Bob Harland wrote:

You will need to book your accommodation in Poole as soon as possible.

A club member is willing to rent out his house for Poole Week. It’s just a few minutes walk from the club across the park, with views of the harbour, suitable for up to 5 people. Pls contact me ([email protected]) in the first instance if interested.

Richard

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.