Latest News: Forums Website Posting photos

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • AUTHOR
    PeterW3035
    Participant

Can anyone enlighten me as to how you post photos? Clicking the photo icon on a new message isn’t clear what is needed, can you upload from your PC or only from a photo hosting website?

johndighton

Peter

Are you planning to post a small (1 to 3) or large number (3+)? We might have a different approach depending on how many and their size. Let me have a sample and i will try for you.

John

johndighton

Peter

Are you planning to post a small (1 to 3) or large number (3+)? We might have a different approach depending on how many and their size. Let me have a sample and i will try for you.

John

PeterW3035
    Participant

Just being able to post one would be good, I’m surprised there seems to be no “how to post photos” instructions on the forum?

I’ve emailed a copy of John Mellors photo of his docking arms that he emailed to me in the hope it can be posted to the original thread.

Thanks

PeterW3035
    Participant

I assumed there would be a private message function but there’s not, hey ho 🙁

Dave Barker
    Keymaster

Hi Peter,

Did you notice my post on this topic in the ‘Registering & posting…’ forum? It’s very much easier if you (or a friend) has a place to host the photo(s). We’ll try to make this easier in future, but for the meantime let me know if I can help.

Dave.

Web Team
    Keymaster

UPDATE:-

Depending on when and how your user account was first set up you may now be able to post photos to the forum 🙂

If so, when logged in you will be able to see a button labelled “add media” at the top left corner of the edit screen when you compose a topic or a reply. Use this rather than the “insert/edit image” button. (If it doesn’t appear and you’re a UKWA member, email the Web Team and we’ll try to sort it out for you).

The forum pages are only about 835 pixels wide, less on some mobile devices, so there’s no advantage in uploading images wider than that, and the file size limit is 5MB. Use .jpg for photos.

The “add media” button will open another screen with two tabs – “Upload Files” and “Media Library”. Usually you will be uploading a new file, so stay with that tab. Choose “select files”, then browse to the relevant location on your device and select your picture file, which should then upload in a few seconds over a good connection. You have the option to select how the photo will be aligned (left, right etc), its display size and whether it will form a link (usually “none”), then click “insert into post”. (You can subsequently edit the alignment, link, display size etc. after uploading, by clicking (tapping touchscreen) on the image). For some reason adding a caption wrecks the way the image displays, so don’t add a caption.

Please do let us know how you get on.

nicko
    Participant

that seems to work fine for me, been a member since 2016

Web Team
    Keymaster

Excellent – that’s good to know!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.