Latest News: Forums General Poole Harbour (south side) dinghy parking

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • AUTHOR
    tim3057

❓ ❓

3057 is in our front garden in London – we’re moving to Dorset and I’m hoping to store and sail our Wayfarer in Poole Harbour, preferably on the south side as we are at Worth Matravers.

Can anyone recommend a sailing club or dinghy park with access to Poole Harbour and / or Studland?

Thanks,

Tim
    W3057
    http://www.worthmytravels.co.uk

Swiebertje
    Participant

There seem to be lots of options in Poole harbour. May I recommend Parkstone SC. From experience I know they have an active Wayfarer fleet and often host National and regional Wayfarer regatta’s. As a visitor I have enjoyed their hospitality at several Wayfarer events. It is always a pleasure to go there and meet some of the best sailors in the fleet.

Colin, your turn……

Colin Parkstone
    Participant

It is indeed !!! You would be welcome at our club but I can see why your after the southside from your website, Very nice!

Shell Bay Boatyard, just inside the hardour by the chain ferry on the Studland side.

I think the next one round on the south side is up the Wareham River.

This is a long way up for a short day sail in the harbour.

Welcome To The Sunny South, No Smog!!!

CP 8)

tim3057

Thanks Colin and Swiebertje,

Parkstone sounds very organised and exciting.. but I might look to see if Shell Bay would be the easier option for nipping out of an evening.

Tim

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.