Welcome to the UKWA Home Page Forums Cruising Poole Harbour ‘A lovely day out’

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

I am unsure about sailing single handed – so is there any spare crew out there?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well,

I had hoped that this topic would raise interest in day sailing at Poole. I am still quite new to the world of the UKWA really,and I am hoping to meet many Wayfarer sailors there.

I must warn you all, I am very lazy with my sailing and enjoy a bit of exploring,fishing and swimming too!

My first experience of sailing on the sea was Poole Harbour, I took an old Enterprise out on a very windy day! having managed to hold it upright for twenty minutes, I decided that it counted as a moral victory and packed it away!

Being the owner of a more sensible craft nowadays…ha! It is easy to enjoy the waves and take some stores on board.

To cruise alongside Brownsea, past Furzey and Green Islands on a sunny day takes some beating. But to drop anchor in Brands Bay, take lunch and have a swim!

If you are a family man, the non sailors may enjoy spending the day around the shops in Poole. An evening together at the local Italian restaurant makes for a perfect adventure.

To camp on a beach somewhere would be the ultimate, does anyone know where you can do this?

Jim

In the absence of a crew I shall be unable to make it. Sailing is one thing but rigging, launching and recovering solo is too much of a risk.

Hope you have a good day.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Adrian,

What a shame, things have been conspiring against me here too!

I have just returned form towing Naomi back from the ASC to my home. to find the trailer board had fallen off of the car.

Within five minutes, I turned back on myself to find it had been swiped!

Fortunately my crew has saved the day with a loan of his car.

Please keep in touch. we shall have that sail without doubt.

Regards

We have 9 W’s at Swanage, just round the corner from Studland we sometime cruise round to Studland. I you want to arrange a meet or extent the cruise a little further contact me. revtonyhiggins@btinternet.com

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.