LATEST NEWS: Forums Cruising Plymouth Sound cruise – April 2017

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Dave Barker 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • AUTHOR

Jonathan Jenkins
    Participant

I’ve just uploaded a video of our 5 day trip in and around Plymouth Sound, The Lynher River and The Yealm. For once a period of perfect, settled weather coincided with the school holidays 🙂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cE8V5_1JEU

Jonathan

Ashley Goodman
    Participant

This is a great video and looks like a lovely cruise. I’ve sailed the area extensively in a boat with 7 foot draft which was frequently very stressful and makes much of the more interesting areas inaccessible – your video makes the idea of revisiting in a Wayfarer very appealing.

Andrew Morrice
    Participant

Super video Jonathan and so pleased the “cunning plan” worked out so well!!

Ashley; it is a well known fact that the  Wayfarer will reach deep into all sorts of interesting costal and riverine features without reaching too far into your wallet.  You just need suitable clothing!

Boris  W6330 “Delphy”

Jonathan Jenkins
    Participant

Thanks for the comments on the video. We were all set to go to Largs for which the forecast was looking great until a few days before we were due to leave, so went to Plymouth instead!
    On a previous trip to Plymouth we went up the Tamar to Calstock, which I would definitely recommend, but I would love to go back at some point and try and go further up beyond Calstock – has anyone done this?

Dave Barker
    Keymaster

We went up to Morwellham Quay about three years ago (and may well do so again next year, as I’m thinking of organising another cruise). There was plenty of time to look around the various exhibits etc. before taking the ebb back down the river to a quieter, wider anchorage .

The tidal limit is about a mile or so further upstream, but I haven’t ventured that far.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.