Latest News: Forums Technical Picture of World model hull / sail number plaque

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • AUTHOR
    NJSharp
    Participant

Hello All,

I would be grateful for some help if possible please.

I’m looking to make a replica of my boats original builders plaque, since the original has been lost.  It’s a World model, built by Porter Bros in 2003, sail number 10350.  Please can someone with a similar era craft  upload/send me an image of their plaque?  Ideally this would be taken as square on to the centre of the plaque as possible, to minimise any perspective induced distortion.

Reason being that I aim to import the image into a 2D CAD software, scale to the correct size, and then trace over all the text / features so as to generate a *.dxf enabling me to get a new plaque laser etched in 316 stainless steel.

Many thanks in advance,

NJSharp / World 10350

Bob Harland
    Participant

Hi, the plaque is the official mark of the copyright holder that the boat is a properly built and licensed Wayfarer.

It might be better to contact Hartley Boats and ask if they would issue a replacement.

NJSharp
    Participant

Hi Bob, thanks for your input.

Indeed this was also suggested by Ian Porter (who built the boat, being the licensed builder at the time), when I contacted him to see if he still had any “left over” from back then.  Accordingly I’ve since spoken with Richard Hartley, and indeed bought a new plaque from him, however on receipt found that the design of the plaque was changed for the Mark IV and is also no longer the same dimensions (much larger).

Since my aim is to mount the plaque in the original location using the existing fixings, and achieve the original aesthetic, this is what’s lead me to the approach mentioned in my first post.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.