Latest News: Forums Technical over-boom covers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • AUTHOR
    tim3057

Anyone got any recent experience / tips / advice on what to get / what not to get when it comes to buying a cover for W3057? I guess it needs to allow ventilation, but keep the rain out (that’s the limit of my knowledge!!)

Your thoughts much appreciated,

Tim

I went for a Sail Register polycotton cover and am very pleased with it so far. I got the flat (mast down) option as the boat is kept on the trailer on my drive most of the time. I rest the boom between the aft tank and the aft edge of the foredeck (padded at each end) which creates enough height in the centre for all rainwater to drain off.

When I’m away somewhere with the boat I can put the cover on as far forward as the mast to hide anything left in the boat, keep rain out etc.

In the winter I add a 2m x 5m heavy duty Bradshaws tarp over the mast and boat which keeps the worst of the weather off but still allows air to flow underneath.

This systems works well for me but I guess we all have different requirements. Hope this is of some help.

Jonathan
    W8866
    Dumdum

Anonymous
    Inactive

hi tim, my mate phil at rainandsun makes some very nice covers and if you have a woodie he’ll make one that covers the transom as well

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.