Latest News: Forums Racing Open – Ribble to Blackpool – April 25

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • AUTHOR
    Algol

An open invite to northern Wayfarers!

April 25, 9am start, race from Ribble Cruising Club (RCC), Lytham, to Blackpool Light Craft Club (BLCC), South Shore, Blackpool.

Handicap racing, approx 7nm, from the Ribble estuary to South Shore, Blackpool.

We’re hoping to make this a Wayfarer-heavy event, with hopefully 3 of the club fleet out. There will be other classes too as it’s a handicap event.

There will be safety boat cover along the route.

We are hoping to be able to transfer everyone’s road trailers to the race destination, thereafter boat owners will need to recover them back from BLCC.

The RCC will aim to help visiting sailors with logistics as much as possible. Get in touch for a chat if you’re interested.

Contact Antony by PM or phone 07779 038528 for more information or navigation/race notes.

Algol

Five of us took part, on a lovely sunny, but relatively windless day. We were upwind along the river then on a reach or run as we aimed in for Blackpool south shore.

An Osprey came first, followed by a Fireball, then another Osprey. I was 4th, then last was the club Wayfarer.

I should have done a lot better but anyone following my mast tribulations will know why my upwind performance (esp in light airs) is under par

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.