Latest News: Forums Racing Open Dutch Nationals

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • AUTHOR
    Swiebertje
    Participant

This year the Open Dutch are hosted by WSV Aalsmeer, just south of Schiphol/Amsterdam Airport. Or less then half an hour’s drive from the Hook of Holland (Hook Harwich ferry). Please check with your caravan club for a good ferry deal. The NOR is found here: http://wayfarer.org.uk/images/stories/NorONK2010.pdf.

This year we have chosen to have ten short races in three days rather then the obligatory five races. Lunch and happy hour are included. The Chinese buffet meal on Friday and the BBQ on Saturday are optional but highly recommended.

Camping with small tents is alowed on the club’s premises. Hotel, cottage or cabin facilities are available as well. Camper-vans are welcome but shall have to make reservations well in advance with the harbour master due to space limitations. And last but not least: there are a good number of pubs within walking distance!

Swiebertje
    Participant

We are having special 10th anniversary shirts made. The design incorporates all participating boat names (or sail numbers). In order for this to work, I need you to send me your boat name or sail number if you plan to participate in the “Sneekweek” ASAP. If you have already registered I should have your boat name (or sail number) and you need not bother.

If you would like to become the proud owner of one of those unique polo shirts, please send me you order with the following data:
    – Boat name or sail number
    – Size: S – M – L – XL – XXL – XXXL
    – Model: Male or Female

Orders must be received before Monday July 11.
    The shirts will be delivered upon your arrival at the venue.
    Please pay cash on delivery.

Swiebertje
    Participant

Brian Lamb and Tony Hunt won the Dutch Nationals that were part of the “Sneekweek”, an inshore regatta with 850 participants in 35 classes. Four races were completed in very windy conditions. Some races had to be cancelled due to the wind conditions and almost no boat came home without some damage. During the last race something rarely seen happened, see picture:[attachment=0:3bevgztc]wtf.jpg[/attachment:3bevgztc] More pictures here.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.