Latest News: Forums Cruising Norfolk Broads Advice Please

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • AUTHOR
    Justin Byrne
    Participant

Hi All. I’m planning a 3 day 2 night cruise on the Norflok Broads early July in my Mk2 Wayfarer with a friend and his Devon Yawl. Does anyone know a good place to launch with somehwere safe to leave cars and trailers (and ideally near a couple of sail up pubs!)? It’s our first time to the Broads and any other advice would be welcomed too! Thanks.

Bob Harland
    Participant

Hi, boatlaunch has both of the places that come to my mind – Upton Dyke on the Bure (near Acle), and Burgh St Peter (Waveney), plus some others. Do check in advance though.
    If you go for the Waveney the pub at The Locks Geldeston was good – up river from Beccles.

hope that helps
    bob

jmcc500
    Participant

I did post a reply to this, not sure where it went as I appear as having submitted something but it is not here!

I guess it is too late now, but public slips at Thurne Dyke (talk to pub to see if you can leave cars in their car park), at the Swan Inn in Horning (public car park just up the road). There is also a full list here:

https://www.broads-authority.gov.uk/boating/facilities/slipways-and-launching-points

Don’t forget to get a licence for the boat 🙂

jmcc500
    Participant

Thurne, where we were based for the 2018 International Rally, was good and the pub there were very accommodating and might be open to leaving cars/trailers with them if you eat/drink with them. Or Horning has (or at least used to have!) a public slip next to the Swan Inn, though I am not sure about the long-term parking arrangements in the adjacent car park. You can sail from either to most places on the Northern Rivers, though arguably Thurne has better sailing options.

https://www.broads-authority.gov.uk/boating/facilities/slipways-and-launching-points

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.