Latest News: Forums Cruising Nice wee film …

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • AUTHOR
    Andrew Morrice
    Participant

Hi All

it seems awful quiet on the forum these days.  Have we really all answered all our sailing questions or what?  Anyhow, here’s a wee vid of an epic day with the Fundoctor and myself on Delphy.  Here’s to autumn sailing and a great season to come.

http://youtu.be/xrhyYeLmORo

cheers

Boris

Delphy W6330

PeterW3035
    Participant

My sons at Plymouth Uni and I’ve looked out over the Sound several times thinking it looked a great cruising ground.

Certainly a nice wee film, what camera are you using? How did you fix it to the end of the boom?

marmalade
    Participant

Really nice vid would be nice to see what you used how was it fixed to the boom keep on sailing .

Andrew Morrice
    Participant

It’s a GoPro camera on a Flex Jaws Mount. (details are at the end of the film)

The mount is not ideal: vigorous gybes and “boom dipping” episodes can shift the alignment a lot!  Also I have it lashed as a backup.  The ideal boom mount for one of these excellent cameras appears not to be produced by anyone (though I have a design in my head!!).

The camera is mainly used at work for training, but its great for reviewing sailing technique.  Our other boat is an Osprey, which we are really still learning to sail, and a bit of video brings out those learning points like nothing else can!

Boris,

Great film…would you mind if i posted this link on the front page of the home page?

John

Andrew Morrice
    Participant

no problemo John.  all best.  B

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.