Latest News: Forums Technical New Mast

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • AUTHOR
    admin

Hi, I have just placed an order for a new mast with P&B, when I phoned up I was offered either a standard mast or a racing mast (for an extra £100 approx + VAT).

Can anyone tell me the difference between standard and the racing option? Man at P&B didn’t know/could not find out.

Although I join the odd race in my Enterprise, I am not in the same category as the other crews (sometimes not even in the same race!), so I have gone for a standard mast. Having said that I am a bit of a gadget freak, so I might like to play with spreader angles, is it worth me getting spreader adjusters? I could adjust the order up to a week before delivery.

Mike

Bob Harland
    Participant

I would be inclined to go back to P&B and insist the tell you the difference.
    On Selden’s website they list 2 options;
    D14-C070-0514 WAYFARER MAST UNRIGGED
    D14-C070-0514R WAYFARER MAST RIGGED

There is nothing about standard and racing options.
    a £100 sounds more like the rigging pack.

It depends what you are replacing, you most likely will want the rigging pack.
    Seldens website has details of what you get;
    http://www.seldenmast.co.uk/dinghy/latest.asp?class=Wayfarer

hope that helps
    bob

Fantasia

Or, even better go to Ian Porter in Emsworth, with whom you can discuss your needs and he would advise and supply you with the correct rig. http://www.porters.org.uk/spare%20parts.htm

admin

OK, spoke to Ian Pinnell. IT turns out he had two prices in front of him, one for the bare mast, the other which had a suffix “R” which he interpreted to mean “Race”. It actually meant “Rigged” as in with all standing and running rigging.

So mystery solved. Thanks for responding.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.