Latest News: Forums Technical mooring to a frape

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • AUTHOR
    davidjohn

i have the opportunity to use a rope frape on the river fowey, how many mooring lines should be used? knot type to frape tosuit strong tides?how can i modify boat cover for on water regards david

tempest51

oww arghh,
    you be wantin the services of Verrity the village dusky maiden then?

What are you talking about old chap?

davidjohn

I am going to use a frape (pulley rope system) to moor my wayfarer on the water and wanted to see if any one knew how many mooring lines to the frape rope I should use. Also what knot type to use. The boat will be on the water so the boat cover I have goes under the boat can this be modefied Thanks

davidjohn

ANY REPLIES PLEASE

tempest51

Local knowledge is king with this one. Have you seen what the other boats do on the same bit of the river? You should be able to fit the cover if you add extensions to the straps so you can go around the boat to pass them under but they will get horrible and slimy and will rot eventually due to immersion. Do not forget that water will still get in to the boat down the mast etc so you need to visit the boat periodically. Are your bailers completely watertight (if you have them)? If mooring for any length of time then anti-fouling will be needed, expensive, time consuming and difficult to remove in the future. I would never moor a woody.
    Dave.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.