Latest News: Forums Technical Mk 2 Stern Locker Gasket

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • AUTHOR
    Fundoctor

Dear ‘Farers

TridentUK want £42.95 for the rubber gasket for the stern buoyancy locker on a Mark 2.This seems a lot lot lot for what it is. £20 maybe. Has anyone any suggies for a cheaper source?

Regards

Trevor

Dave Barker
    Keymaster

There is a firm which supplies lots of PVC, neoprene and other types of profile and has been recommended on this forum before. I can’t remember the name, but I’m sure you could find it. Also agree that you could find something equally suitable for a lot less cash, much as I like Trident. Sorry I can’t be more help…

Fundoctor

Thanks Dave – anybody know the supplier that Dave is referring to?

Dave Barker
    Keymaster

I think it was sealsdirect.co.uk that I was thinking of. If you look in the section on ‘Marine etc’ and go to ‘Sponge Seals’ there is an item called plain expanded neoprene. I’m pretty sure I used this for a Mk2 hatch a few years ago. They also have a skinned expanded neoprene, which perhaps looks even better, especially as it’s available by the metre. (Use their waterproof contact adhesive if you’re pessimistic about which way up your boat will spend more of its time).

Swiebertje
    Participant

I found this site in my bookmarks.

Fundoctor

Thanks guys – will get onto that and post back.

Trevor,
    I too need a new Mark 2 gasket, the old one being too hard now to make a good seal. Would like to know which one you choose and ultimately how successful it is. Is yours a Moores boat?
    Dave
    W9343

Fundoctor

Dave – will defo keep you posted. Not sure who built da boat – will check – Trevor

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.