Latest News: Forums General Missing makers plate

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • AUTHOR
    Roger
    Participant

Hi there,
    How can I find out who made my boat?

Colin Parkstone
    Participant

More info may help,pictures maybe and type?
    Wood, grp or series will give a clue?

C P 🙂

Roger
    Participant

Hi Colin, Thanks for replying. It’s a wooden boat No.939 made in 1964. I’ve had it for just over a year, and the previous owner could’nt tell me who made it. So any help would be most welcome.

Regards Roger.

Fantasia

Hi Roger

Luckily, your boat has been measured at some time in the past and the UKWA has a copy of the certificate. As a former R&T chairman I have electronic copies of the certificates.

Your boat was built by Grampian Enterprises in 1965 for the original owners who sailed from Berwick upon Tweed. Send me an email john7628 at hotmail.com and I’ll send you a copy of the certificate.

John Hartley

admin

John, you may have opened the floodgates with your offer to email a copy of a certificate to Roger, because I too have an illegible plate on my Mk2 Wayfarer. It is just a blank plate with a couple of numbers stamped on, no printed information is left, just the Sail Number 4137 and another 4 digit number that I do not have to hand.

Could you help me find out where Kes was built please? I have a suspicion she was Moores built as the bow plate fitting is stamped with “Wroxham”. I would be most grateful if you could help me with her provenance.

I suppose the nature of a makers ID plate means that it would be unreasonable to expect to get a replacement, but it saddens me a little that she is anonymous….

I think your email address may be missing a few features as I cannot send to you, but here is my email address.

Mike Summers

mike.summers@talktalk.net

Fantasia

Please don’t all of you expect that there are records for all boats. There are only measurement certificates that give any real information and only about 20% of wayfarers have been measured. These tend to be boats that have raced. If there is no measurement certificate, then there is little chance of finding any details from builders as most of them are no longer trading. Every existing measurement certificate has been scanned into electronic format by the association at some effort and cost, so these records are only available to UKWA members.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.