Latest News: Forums Technical Mast foot track for Worlds

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • AUTHOR
    nickgiles
    Participant

[attachment=0:31a5ojya]095b.JPG[/attachment:31a5ojya][attachment=0:31a5ojya]095b.JPG[/attachment:31a5ojya][attachment=0:31a5ojya]095b.JPG[/attachment:31a5ojya][attachment=0:31a5ojya]095b.JPG[/attachment:31a5ojya][attachment=1:31a5ojya]095b.JPG[/attachment:31a5ojya]I have decided to replace the mast foot and mast foot track on our World. The old track is aluminium and at 9.5cm is much shorter than some and has probably been cut down with the result that the mast heel cannot be moved aft enough to allow the correct mast angle. Is this a standard World adaptaion? The track was held in place by 2 countersunk bolts 6mmx 40mm and a small ss screw at the rear. Presumably these bolts have captive nuts buried somewhere in the fibre glass member. Again are these bolts standard fixings? The photo shows the track in situ and it would appear that in the past there was a fair bit of sideways movement of the track and that the track may have been longer. Advice and views would be most welcome as always.
    Many thanks Nick Giles
    W9922 LizzieB

Can’t really help you, sorry, but just thought I’d mention, my World has an aluminium tabernacle- I wonder what that’s about?

nickgiles
    Participant

Our World has an aluminium tabernacle and I was not aware that it had a horizontal member joining the two verticle arms. If it does they are covered in fibreglass but the bolts could be seated in such a member. Many thanks for your comments. Nick 9922

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.