Latest News: Forums Technical Mast Chocks.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • AUTHOR
    Turtill

My Mk1 doesn’t have mast chocks and consequently the jib sheets get jammed down beside the mast and there is no adjustment or packing between the mast and the cuddy. Where can I get mast chocks for a Mk 1 folks?

pete

Geof

They are easy to make from marine ply or equivalent hard plastic. Look around a boat yard for offcuts and make a very fat T shape to fit in. Round the top corners so the sheets dont catch.

Colin Parkstone
    Participant

Allen Brothers, part number A473, Ronstan make them also. Force 4 sell them and also people like P@B, Sailboats.

These chocks are a tuning aid, helps to hold the mast in a desired position and also fill a gap to keep the sheets out!

When fitting chocks, may be a good idea to have a look at the tuning guides to see what is wanted from them rather than just fill a gap which some tape across the gap would do.

They have been covered in this forum if that’s any help, Chocks away Mate!!!!!
    CP

Turtill

@Colin Parkstone wrote:

Allen Brothers, part number A473, Ronstan make them also. Force 4 sell them and also people like P@B, Sailboats.

These chocks are a tuning aid, helps to hold the mast in a desired position and also fill a gap to keep the sheets out!

When fitting chocks, may be a good idea to have a look at the tuning guides to see what is wanted from them rather than just fill a gap which some tape across the gap would do.

They have been covered in this forum if that’s any help, Chocks away Mate!!!!!
    CP

Many thanks Geoff and Colin. I have now ordered a set online and I have read the thread about mast chocks which is what I should have done first.

pete

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.