Latest News: Forums Technical Mast bolt/pin and Barton flexible boom support

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • AUTHOR
    Black Five
    Participant

During the winter my Wayfarer Mk2 was given a good service and the hull attended to. However I seem to have lost the mast bolt/pin after lowering it for trailing. Does anyone have the details of what I should replace it with – (length dia. etc)
    Also – does anyone have experience of the Barton flexible boom support which is tensioned with the kicking strap. Any hints about fitting would be useful.
    Regards
    Jeremy

Sean Fitzpatrick
    Participant

HI,Jeremy,my mast is down for refit work and the pin should be the same,I think I have some stainless and could make a new pin.I should be back at the boat in the next couple of days my pin is back through the mast step,If I can I will produce you a new pin.They are of course available from lots of Chandler’s they seem rather pricey at just under £30.You might find a stainless stockholder that will sell a small of cut of round bar but I had to get an 8 foot length to make a replacement stud for an outboard.

Black Five
    Participant

Sean – Sorry for not responding – been away. That would be ideal if you could cut one for me. – Do I tape the ends or should I drill a hole and put  spring clips on?.

Jeremy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.