Latest News: Forums Technical Main sail reefing (slightly different)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • AUTHOR

Hi

My wayfarers mainsail is a bit …. well … tatty and tyered but i would like to still get some use out of it before i buy a replacement, the only problem is that i dont know how to reef it , at all . The last time i sailed a W i can rember the reefing being very simple : just lower the halyard until a set of holes with rope hanging out of them were at boom height and then tie the ropes around the boom with reef knots ? is this the right way to reef ? because i read another reefing topic and it was talking about a block on the boom ect if the block on the boom is the correct way could someone please explane how to use that system ? or if niether of these methods are correct then could som one please explane how the should be set up and then how to actually perform the reef on the water ? this would be very helpfull and would allow me to actually sail my boat thanks Dom 🙂

RayS

Reefing systems have recently been covered in Wayfarer News Spring 2009.

See also the newly released ‘The Wayfarer Book’ which can be ordered from this web site.

Swiebertje
    Participant

Hi

Thanks both of you , i have not yet purchased the wayfarer book =/ but i think that that link has explaned all that i need to know thnak you very much

Dom

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.