Welcome to the UKWA Home Page Forums Cruising Inversion and Mast head bouyancy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    W10143

Adrian

If you leave it up permanently you have to drop the mast to rearm it….:-{

David

gpsmout

Sorry of this has been mentioned before but…One or two people have advised that woodies don’t invert; can anyone corroborate this?

Graham Smout
    W918

Anonymous
    Inactive

The secumar device is best on a lanyard so its easy to recover and rearm, rather than having to drop the mast. It is very difficult to rearm at sea as the tablet area is not easy to get dry enough for the tablet not to dissolve.

Dave Barker
    Keymaster

As a matter of interest, how does it stay dry (perhaps it doesn’t?) in driving rain, spray, mist etc?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Graham,
    I have capsized my woodie at Ullswater in controlled conditions and could happily stand on the horizontal mast at deck level. I have capsized in Brancaster Harbour (in not so controlled conditions), but not wanting to get wet and being fairly nimble I was out on the board before the boat had a chance to invert.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The tablet is cocooned in the firing mechanism and that is covered by the waterproof outer cover, in all my miles I have never had one go off accidentally ( I don’t count the one where we took down the mast and put the end in the water)

Dave Bevan

20 or 40 litres recommended? Even 20l seems a lot of buoyancy compared to the foam sail patch I currently have?

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.