Latest News: Forums Technical Hull Repairs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • AUTHOR
    Pete Lock

Evening All,

Happy New Year…..and hope the weather has warmed up over there on the mainland. It has been relatively mild her for the past few days, almost a tropical feel today in the sun and out of the wind walking down Belfast Lough.

Right so as the spring approach LOL, I am starting to make plans for continue the restoration on the Wayfarer. So need a bit of advice. I think that I may have asked this before in my previous request for info on hull painting, but don’t think the question was answered.

My hull has a number of deep scrapes into the Gel Coat, one of which just above the water line you can see the matting through. What is the best way of filling these and which product is the best.

Regards

Pete

Colin Parkstone
    Participant

Gell coat repair, comes in a tube or from your local boat repairer or chandler.

Use sandpaper IN the scrapes and paint in with a small brush. Cover with selotape to keep out the air.

When hard,wet and dry flat then polish with Autosolve.

C P.

Pete Lock

Thanks for that,

Can it be used on deepish scrapes? And I am presuming that the polish is not needed if the whole hull is to be repainted.

Pete

Colin Parkstone
    Participant

It can be used yes! but if your going to paint then maybe some Epoxy if you have it or a filler of some sort that goes with the paint side of things.

C P

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.