Latest News: Forums General How to store the Wayfarer in the winter

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nickgiles 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • AUTHOR

madslarsen
    Participant

How do you think it is best to store the Wayfarer in the winter. Bottom up or down, and mast down or let it stay on?

Mine has a bailer, so I am not worried about water gathering in the boat, and I think I might leave the mast up.

Put what is your thought on this? Thanks a lot in advance.

http://www.madsgormlarsen.dk 

nickgiles
    Participant

One of the experienced participants at the 2015 Calshot to Yarmouth (aborted) rally with a woodie said he kept it under a tarpaulin outside and it remained dry over winter. Sounds almost too good to be true but if one found out how to support and secure the tarp it would be a cheap solution.
    My days of lifting let alone turning over a Wayfarer are over. We store the mast in a shed, support the cover and tip the boat so that rain runs off.
    Probably best to put the trolly/trailer on blocks to take the strain off the suspension unit and if I am feeling very virtuous remove the suspension unit and wheels, storing them dry to reduce rusting. Good luck, may be others have better ideas!
    Nick Giles W9922

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.