• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • AUTHOR
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi there, We are happy owners of Whirlypits the Wayfarer. Have spent the last 2 days with our 2 boys aged 5 and 3 pottering around the harbour. This weekend was our first real chance to get the boat on the water and we have had a great time and the children have loved it. Both Hubby and I have sailed BC (before Children) and decided that we had to go for it and purchased Whirlypits. 1 thing missing though is a spinnaker pole, a member of the Wayfarer fleet at our club had kindly given us a spinnaker and we are desperate to go out and have a play so if anyone has a spare spinnaker pole they wish to sell then please contact me!
    Happy Sailing
    Whirlypits (Name can be found in the scottish dictionary!) 😀

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi. We were at East Head from Mengham Rythe Hayling Friday and yesterday blue hull W5499 with four kids aged 14,12 6 and 6. Were you the brown two tone hull……it looked good…..or did you head further inland with the tide? Say hi next time. At last some family friendly weather! Can’t help on the spinny pole (wouldn’t know what to do with it anyway!) cheers Dave

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, fantastic to be in contact with some local owners. We beached whirlypits on East Head for a picnic on saturday and pottered around the harbour on Sunday afternoon so it would not have been us, our sail number is 3162 and we have a red jib, grey deck so are fairly easy to spot! Getting the name stickers for her soon. We sail from HISC so not far from you. We will look out for you next time we are out, my boys are hooked so I think we may well be out every chance we can get! 😀

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry got the number wrong! Not quite time for the whirlypits but I have had 1 glass of wine!! Our number is 6132

Fantasia

I can help you out with a spinnaker pole, two or three spare spinnakers and could give you a hand rigging it too. I saw that you followed our race on saturday for a while, can’t really miss that orange jib. See you at the club.

Anonymous
    Inactive

That is fantastic! Thanks so much we will hunt you down just let us know how much you want! Could not resist joining in with the race, our youngest was really keen! When we saw the fast boats lapping us we thought we would head back to the beach, we did not sign in or go out with the intention of racing, it was the competative side of us that took over. Red Jib is great, as you say you can’t miss us!

We will not be at the club on Saturday which is a real shame as the weather is looking great but will be there on Sunday (if the weather is kind) Thanks so much again.

Lucy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.