Latest News: Forums Introductions Hello from Sheffield

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ian Fitzpatrick 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • AUTHOR

Ian Fitzpatrick
    Participant

a quick post by way  of introduction.  I have just purchased W2713 a composite Mach 1.  Needs a little bit of work before seeing the water but I’m cracking on with that quite well.

I’m interested in doing some dinghy camping and cruising with my teenage children and probably solo too.

I sailed dinghys quite a lot in my youth, mainly a GP 14 but also a wayfarer, and have done a few trips at sea in yachts. But that was a long time ago and I have a lot to remembered and even more to learn! Am really looking forward to that process.

Sean Fitzpatrick
    Participant

Hi Ian ,Welcome to the forum and glad that you have chosen the Wayfarer.I sail at Carsington in Derbyshire ,offers tuition,family friendly sailing,you can join or day sail there.

The association organises the gathering at Ullswater,camping activitys and sailing for a week in the summer holidays.

I  live in South Normanton near Junction 28 of the M1 motorway.I have teenage lads who sail with me.

Thats a great Surname you have there all the best with the new boat and any help or advice please get in touch

Sean Fitzpatrick W9622 Sumi

Ian Fitzpatrick
    Participant

Hi Sean. I like your surname too!

im looking forwards to some more regular local sailing and some away trips too.

I love ullswater so will will check out the meet. Although we may be in Scotland for a few weeks in the summer.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.