Latest News: Forums Introductions Greetings

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • AUTHOR
    Mckbigfish

Hello all

I sold the family Drascombe lugger last week as the kids are now in to their own dinghies and racing and the likelihood of picnics afloat is now diminshing, but not entirely impossible in future. And decided in a more selfish moment that at least with a Wayfarer I could race with my wife and even do the odd picnic. Living next door to Parkstone Yacht Club there is a great fleet, so I am now on the look out for a Mkiv or Plus S.

Your advice and guidance would be extremely useful and obviously any candidate boats that I should consider.

Cheers

Liam

Geof

Liam

come down to the club and say Hi. We can show you the difference between a Mk IV and +S Wayfarer and go through pros/cons of each one.
    It’s Poole week this week so there are 18 boats there every day till Friday but during September Wed Evening or Sat Afternoons are when the racers are around. There is nearly always a boat out cruising everyday.

Colin Parkstone
    Participant

Around mid day today or after racing which is about 16.30 fpr today and the next two days. Ask for the Wayfarer Fleet Captain Ray Scragg or the Wayfarers are on the front row below the club house. Cp

Mckbigfish

Thanks Colin. Managed to get to the club late on, during the cabaret and soaked up the atmosphere. Also happened upon Steve Collins the Asst Racing secretary from UKWA so had a good long chat and have a firmer idea of what I am looking for now. Also introduced myself to Ray over the bank holiday, but will definetly make an effort over the next wee while to catch up.
    Liam

Colin Parkstone
    Participant

‘Next Wee While’ Liam, Your be glad to hear we have a Scottish Wayfarer sailor as well here at Parkstone, so your be right
    at home !!! 🙂 CP

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.