Latest News: Forums General getting red x instead of pic of wayfarer boat

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • AUTHOR
    ryansdesk

in the section of this website that allows you to read and see an image of each type of wayfarer boat i am only getting a red cross in a box in the top left hand corner of where the image is supposedly meant to appear, i have tried various things to get it to come up but having no success, have you any ideas or possibly are you able to email me the images. Any help is appreciated.

Dave Barker
    Keymaster

I’m seeing the same thing, so it’s possible that the image files have been removed or disabled. Which version(s) are you particularly interested in seeing? Someone will probably be able to email some photos if there is something you especially want to look at.

ryansdesk

its just ive recently aquired a sailing dinghy which seems to resemble a wayfarer however on closer inspection i cannot locate any numbers on the boat itself, on the sail in the bottom right corner is a badge: I.Y.R.U. ENTERPRISE, International Official Class, Sail Licence, 06784, above this is a red W, however this is debatable. On the main sail is the number 5070 in large black numbers, however no W ! Ive also looked around the boat itself for numbers and i think possibly at the back of the centreboard slot housing there may have been a identification plate attached at one time which now is nowhere to be seen. At the bottom front of the mast is a plate which has the number 74117 stamped into it. Now to make matters even more confusing i have measured the dimensions of the boat, i found the length to be about 4 meters and the beam to be about 1.73 meters, so as the wayfarers dimensions on this club site show 4.827m for length and 1.855m for beam, im now entertaining the idea that this isnt a wayfarer at all. Id love to know what it is, any ideas. I have taken some pictures of it if anyone can help.

Dave Barker
    Keymaster

A mystery boat – hmm. The length is about right for an Enterprise (which word appears on the sail) but the beam measurement is a little too much I think. An Enterprise has its mast stepped at the level of the deck, ie it doesn’t reach right down to the bottom of the boat (there is a separate post below the mast which transfers the load down to the keel). Also there is no aft buoyancy compartment, which enables the transom to have two fairly large openings with flaps to let excess water escape after a capsize, unlike most Wayfarers. There’s a picture of one here:-

http://freespace.virgin.net/david.barker4/temp/transom.jpg

Sorry I can’t be more help.

RayS

Thanks for pointing this out; Bill Gates has a lot to answer for with the dreaded red cross. Something more meaningfull would be more helpful. Anyway, I’ll have a look at it when I get a chance! Ray

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.