Latest News: Forums General Flat cover for trailing?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • AUTHOR
    Anonymous
    Inactive

We are looking to buy a flat cover for trailing the ‘W’. There are a lot of places who advertise them, Can anyone recommend a manufacturer? (price V Quality). Thanks, Mike.

We went for a Sail Register polycotton cover which I have been very pleased with. We’re not actually using it for trailing at the moment due to chafing / marking on the underside as mentioned in a previous thread

http://wayfarer.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=678

I need to use some fleece material to wrap round the straps under the hull and then try it again.

Jonathan

I just bought one from a company called trident. I wanted a flat cover for trailing, which I don’t do very often, and so went for the low cost option. They supplied me with a pvc model for just under £100. I bought a couple of other items to take the total cost over £100 and so the P&P was free.

The cover fits well and seems to be well made.

Best regards

Roger L

Participant

Take a look at Banks Sails flat PVC/Poly cover, we’re on just our 2nd one in 15 years, trailing to lots of events every year and it’s done very well. I can also recommend their undercovers.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Cheers all. New cover should be here before the Farnes trip, heres hoping the weather holds out. Regards, Mike.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.